Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A whitepaper on printing Googlster in color

Hmm... I thought Christmas/New Year would be a bit less hectic. Trust me, it ain't.

Oh, one cool news. A buddy is getting the Rank Prize in UK. He finished his Ph.D. in Biology/Quantum-Chemistry in four years. Just don't ask me to explain what he does.

Dr. M. Bruchez http://www.rankprize.org/news1.htm

**

You know, I have always been somewhat of a fan of Google. But, the real question is are the Googlsters turning into the Evil Empire like Microsoft of yore? I am seeing disturbing signs.

Recently, I was notified that I was using an unapproved word in my Google AdWords ad. For those of you not in-the-know this usually happens when you have a typo or used a copy righted term in your pay-per-click ad. (This may apply to obscene words, but I never tried/checked. Honest!) Guess what was my offence. I used the term "whitepaper" while the officially sanctioned term according to Google is "white paper".

When did Google become the last word in English spelling and styles? Shouldn't the menace of Mountain View, aka Googlsters, stick to making unseemly profit and leave the business of language to the everyday folk who uses it? I am sure that the good people of OED, Oxford English Dictionary, would not approve.

==
This being the holiday season, I am happy to report that I got my gift/toy today - a laser color printer. I may have mentioned that the current printer is kunking out and I am spending way too much nursing the beast when I need to print stuff.

The good news is that I was able to install the sucker physically including the duplex option. The bad news is that I have not been able to install the software driver and I cannot even see the machine on the network.

Time to call in the pro's. I've logged a request to our IT support team and hope to start printing 'em color stuff in a few days.

chiefchickenheadless (at) gmail (dot) com sign out
Legend: (at) = "@" (dot) = "."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home